Infused Ice Tea or Water
Makes 7 cups/ 56oz
Infused iced teas are a great way to kick the soda/juice/sugared beverage habit. They are still flavored but have zero fake sugar, artificial colors or flavors. There are so many naturally flavored teas out there or you can brew plain tea and add your own fruits, herbs, or spices.
You can also skip the tea entirely and just add all the flavor infusions right into a pitcher of cold water.
After surgery hydration is key. Choose teas that are caffeine free because it is a diuretic and works against your hydration. Plus you could be up all night!
- 3 non-caffeine tea bags of your choice
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 cup juice (optional)
- 1 cup fresh fruit (optional)
- 2 sprigs fresh herbs (optional)
Steep 3 tea bags of your choice in boiling water for 15 minutes. Pour into a large pitcher and add 3 cups cold water (add only 2 cups if you will add juice).
Place in fridge till cold. Once cold you can add your flavorings.
● Fruit juice like orange, apple, grapefruit, cranberry or cherry.
● Fresh fruits like strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, peaches, grapes are all great ways to infuse flavor.
● Herbs are another source of adding delicious flavor. My favorites are basil, mint, and thyme but feel free to add your favorites!
● Some of my favorite teas to brew are any natural fruit flavored like blueberry, orange, cherry, and lemon. I also love hibiscus as it lowers blood pressure naturally if you drink enough. Chamomile and mint tea are also great choices.
● You can also skip the tea entirely if you don’t care for tea and just add all the flavor infusions right into a pitcher of cold water.